Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased because how often does a music video shoot take place in yours truly's little podunk hometown of Albany, California -- which is where the dollar-beer-covered racetrack glory that is Golden Gate Fields technically lies, friends, not Berkeley -- but this new Atmosphere video for the song "Kanye West," which the hip-hop duo premiered today on Noisey, does feel a little like a "spot the East Bay shooting location" rendition of Where's Waldo.
There's plenty else to like, though: That's also Oakland writer-superstar Chinaka Hodge in the role of leading lady, and local comedian/erstwhile Guardian opiner Nato Green as a scared-shitless corner store worker. Check it out below.
The duo's new album Southsiders drops May 6 on Rhymesayers; this song will also be on The Lake Nokomis Maxi Single, released exclusively on vinyl for Record Store Day (that's next Saturday, April 19, kiddos). They'll be in town in August for Outsidelands.
Most Commented On
- And anti-union, too. The - July 24, 2014
- Diversity necessary, skills be damned - July 24, 2014
- It's SFBG who is raising a race issue here - July 24, 2014
- RtRpXUSerOX - July 24, 2014
- I feel sure that SFBG would love to hire black reporters if - July 24, 2014
- Agree, and thanks to blacks for making the NBA so great - July 24, 2014
- I would love to see this same - July 24, 2014
- Spoken as someone who clearly has never run a rental business - July 24, 2014
- Most computer science majors are men - July 24, 2014
- Women in tech - July 24, 2014